Time to Get Stoken with Rome SDSBy admin • Mar 9th, 2010 • Category: News
Rome’s Stoken event series has returned after a short hiatus, and the good times are guaranteed. What Stoken lacks in rigid structure, international point rankings, and official rotation judges, it makes up for in what’s most important in any snowboarding event… having FUN with a big crew.
Be ready to get awesome on three communal features which may include, but are not limited to….
• Barrel Bonking Bonanzas – Get tappy
• One Hit Wonders – Pipe hits without the gymnastics
• Small Air Contest – Grabbin’ fast counts
• Mystery Feature – Mysteriously awesome
We’ll all be sessionsing as a group from feature to feature, having a good time, and hopefully enjoying some spring-time sun. We’ll be capping off the day with a well-deserved parking lot barbeque where we’ll recognize the days standouts with some giant fake checks, and then it’s on to a good ole fashioned schwag toss.
Stoken’s a contest based on having fun, so the guy who drops a 900 on the small air, and then sits around all day, probably won’t be winning. But we will have winners based on something, and having a good time will be judged as heavily as what you’re throwing down.
• First Place will be getting a new 2011 Jacket and Pants
• Second Place will be a new pair of 2011 Rome 390 Boss Bindings
• Third Place will be going home with prize pack with gloves, hoodie, tees and fun stuff
Where it’s all going down:
Boyne Highlands, MI – March 27th Registration 12pm
Holiday Valley, NY - March 27th Registration 10am (Helmets Required by Holiday Valley)
Gunstock Mountain, NH – March 28th Registration 10am
Sierra at Tahoe, CA – March 28th Registration 11am