Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Instagram

Rejected Edits: April Fools?

I’m so sick of, “Why are you hating? At least they’re out there boarding.” So what? This is snowboarding. It’s a fashion shit show and constant dick sucking contest to be the coolest. That’s why Rejected Edits exist. With no names, no flair and nothing to talk about these edits still get their 15 minutes. Plus, come on, this is Yobeat, it’s either this or we just make fun of Shaun White all the time.

Its on tv internet episode 2.6 from Bakkå röfjälle.

Why it Sucks: GoPro’s and poles, it’s never going to be ok. Also, you guys slam a lot, and the lumberjack doesn’t have gloves on half the time. Gloves folks, they are your friend. As far as the video, the park shots are boring and stupid. I don’t care that you nailed a trick on some bullshit feature.

Why it’s Rad: Sweet nicknames, obviously. The random spot shots are great. The handplant to cartwheel slam, awesome. And oh yeah, slams, we love slams.

Why it Sucks: I hate fake sponsors. I highly doubt Electric paid to have this edit made. I also hate the intro music, and well, all the music. The smoking shot around :50, come on, is there any better way to claim, “I JUST GOT MY LICENSE!” Besides that stuff, some of these shots are just total crap, but hey, at least you’re out there, and I suppose that’s a good thing.

Why it’s Rad: Editing. Yeah sure it might be filthy, but it’s rad filthy. Chop and Screw, opps and uh… I’m into all of it. Plus with a title like “KKK” I would be lying if I said I wasn’t excited to see future titles.

american bad ass from chuuch be easy

Why it Sucks: Well, your music choice is for shit. Who kills the audio? The sweet sound of snow smashing should never be covered over. Also, what the fuck is with the ending? Holy shit, is this a teaser? Better not be…

Why it’s Rad: Content. Jumping off chairs is always cool. Powder is always cool. Cloudy winter days are awesome.

Chemical Mess on dat Earl. from Chemical Mess .

Why it Sucks: Hippies (read: dreads), slow groove tunes and two inch stances are not going to fly around these parts. Does that make me shallow? Bet your ass it does. But watching you slip and slide around the hill making sparks with your knees pisses me off. Oh, and the weed ender, cool, you smoke weed, so does my grandma.

Why it’s Rad: Well, simple really, the riding is rad. Even if it is on some bullshit park features.

Every word in this post-even those based on real people-are entirely fictional. The quotes might be bullshit too.

Similar posts

Comments (28)

1. Good choices this week. And I’ve gotta agree with the comments on the final video. What the hell was that? It’s a bummer when great riding is ruined by poor filming and editing. That could’ve been sick, even with the song selection. Take a tip from the folks at Neoproto/MDP: If you’re gonna use a slow hippie jam in a snowboard video, you can only make it cool with great videography and artsy editing. None of that fog-on-the-camera-lens crap.

Seriously, what the hell is with that? I remember when even the crappy edits had at least a few decent artsy shots in them. I know it’s not film school but come on people, at least put a little effort into your shots

2. the 2-screw stance is the worst thing that happend since the mini boards from rossi and hammer…

3. Respect the stance, even know it might be a little small!

4. Sheldon (trustafarian), your parents couldn’t even pay me to have a stance that small.

5. he must be the only hippie on the planet named Sheldon…

6. down with the last edit. the shane guy and the dudes after him did some sick tricks, especially on that double kink. as for the end, that nug was mighty, but you still have a lot of leaf to cut off that bad boy.

7. Vermont ur an idiot the kid lives outta car.. and go re watch the chemical mess video and realize sheldons goofy..the whole thing is switch pretty much..bangin ass edit I thought! CM or die

8. hell yeah sheldon, killing it

9. chuuch be easy so sick

10. why did the 1st edit open with some dude falling? the first few seconds of the second edit were confusion so i turned it off. the third edit was rad because it had dr. dre and

11. reminded me off jumping off the lift at meadows. i was too bored to start the 4th edit. but his hair looks stupid.

12. GOPRO OR GO HOME

13. ok… the third videos from seymour which has a sick park with the red ledge, burlington kink, and rail garden double line yet those idiots just do side hits

14. chemical mess edit was sick, take a lap nick lipton

15. I love rejected edits, because it reminds me of why myself and many people i know do not film ourselves snowboarding, because NOBODY wants to see that shit

16. Ok I ride a narrower stance because my right knee is bad… and honestly, having a huge stance is really bad for your knees haha trust me. all the weight from the impact of landing isn’t channeled down your legs to your feet, it’s all absorbed by your knees which push inward. That being said…. “sheldon” from the last edit has a RIDICULOUSLY narrow stance hahahah

17. and now that I watched the rest of that last edit, it was pretty sick. I see no need to hate

18. Wait, Mac, let me get this straight…. you ride with a skinnier stance because you have a bad knee? I hate to tell you dude but you have a thing or two to learn about anatomy. Having a wider stance allows you to bend more at the hips and knees (if your knees bend inward, well that’s just retarded) and absorb the impact, while a narrower stance channels the impact down through your tendons and joints causing bone spurs and blown-out ACL’s. Not to mention you look like a fairy

19. ^hahahahaha medically and scientifically sounding like a complete dumbass

20. jimbo, you really just don’t know what you’re talking about haha

21. uhhhhhuhhuhuhuhuh sick bud bro. Nobody fucking cares that you smoke weed. Shitty time-lapse too. Good choice on rejected edits overall though.

22. Ha. Well my wilderness EMT certification says otherwise, but it’s cool. I’m sure the Geocities site that you get your medical facts from is way more qualified than the Red Cross

23. rejected edits seem to get more views and comments then normal videos, we’re all retards

24. Oh big shot with the Wilderness EMT Cert! Can I schedule an appointment with you to

25. it’s common sense that your body is built to have your feet be comfortable at shoulder width appart. I see kids snowboarding with 24 ” plus stances and it looks like they’re doing the fucking splits… and your telling me it’s better to take impacts with your feet spread that far apart? You’re a retard if you really beleive that. I don’t care if you took a fucking emt class mr. mountain man, you’re still an idiot. have fun sqauting around all over the park and hitting rails like your in the middle of taking a dump

26. youre all a bunch of pussies

27. Haha, wow dude. Maybe you should apply some of that “common sense” to reading posts. I never said it was better to go full-on cowboy like some kind of retard. I’m saying it’s better to have a wider stance than the skinny stances these hipster kids ride with (you know, like the one that you pointed out in your own post). THOSE are what blow out your knees… And for the record, you should be slightly outside of shoulder width. Did you guys ever take karate when you were a kid?