10 Reasons To Be Stoked The Mountain is ClosedBy admin • Apr 30th, 2012 • Category: Features, Latest, Random
Tomorrow’s May 1st, which means one thing: Snowboard season is basically over. People often accuse us of being negative here at Yobeat, so we’re doing our best to stay positive with this one. You may think there’s no sunny side to of the end of winter, but we’re here to tell you, it’s not all bad! In fact, we have come up with 10 totally viable and legitimate reasons it’s fucking awesome your local hill has closed down for the season.
1. Free stuff! The best part of the snow melting is all those GoPros, gloves and ski poles Joey lost this season are now up for grabs! Head up to the hill and wander around aimlessly until you strike gold in the form of stuff that fell from the lift or off of helmets and was soon forgotten.
2. You’re less likely to get hurt. Since you’re pretty much the best snowboarder ever, you can try anything and everything, right? It’s only snow. But let’s face it, even if you religiously wear a helmet, snowboarding is still more dangerous than your day-to-day video game playing and TV watching. Now that the mountain is closed, you’ll probably stay way safer.
3. Save on gas money. Gas prices suck and the mountain isn’t getting any closer to your house. Your buddy’s $2 donation for gas money isn’t doing much to fill the tank anymore, so think of how much richer you’ll be when you’re not pumping $50 a day into gas to go snowboarding. Now you can spend all that money on beer.
4. You’ll have more time to do useful things. As much as your parents pretend to be supportive of that snowboard business, they’ll be much prouder if you get good grades, earn a ton of money, or otherwise join the productive side of society. Now that snowboarding isn’t really an option, you have nothing better to do than work hard and be successful.
5. Skateboard season! While yes, this one negates reason #2 entirely, you can’t be that mad at an activity that allows you to wear jeans and t-shirt, still go fast, and occasionally even feel cool. If you don’t skate, maybe it’s time to start and if you do, this is the year you’re going to figure it out, for sure.
6. Scantily clad babes. Despite videos you may have seen, snowboard chicks wear a ton of clothes. Now that it’s getting warmer, the girls wear less and less, and how mad can you really be at that?
7. You’re headed to snowboard camp. Screw all you jerks who didn’t save all season (or who’s parents didn’t hook up camp this year) you’re just weeks away from the best summer camp experience ever. You’re gonna get a sweet ass goggle tan, learn so many moves and otherwise kill it like you meant to all winter, but never did.
8. It’s easier to pretend. No more making up excuses for why you can’t do tricks or keep up. It’s summer which means the Internet snow thug can truly shine, without any real life opportunity to prove otherwise.
9. Another reason. This is where you chime in and say why you’re excited winter is over…
10. Who are we kidding? Oregon mountains don’t close so we don’t even have this problem. You guys are screwed until next November.