Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Instagram

Broken Snowboards!!!

Home Forums Snowboarding Shit Broken Snowboards!!!

This topic contains 25 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  ryderb 4 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author

hise442

If you have broken a board or one is falling apart tell us how and if you got them please show pics thanks.

had a gnu delam/have the edge come out, sent it back in and got a new one.

jerm

snapped quite a few, most recently a burton hero.  turns out falling 15 feet out of the sky and not landing on your feet isnt a good idea

Andrew

I had 4 Rome boards break all for manufacturing defects last year.

2 edge pop outs and 2 delams.

was able to get two out of four warrantied.

(couldint get one of the edge pop outs cause the board was too old. and the other delam wasn't big enough)

made me loose a lot of faith in the GST factory.

Andrew

I had a bad year in general last year though. ha ha 

dislocated knee on two separate occasions and one of my favorite shops went out of business.

well here's to hoping this year is better.

Fonzie

I had the base of a Ride Kink start peeling off.  Two other friends had the same thing happen, and a similar thing happened to a friend's K2 Weapon.  Not cool.

boardjumpz

I had an artifact once that de-lammed on the nose and tail so bad that instead of rising up with the nose and tail, the p-tex had completely separated and my board looked something like this >—<

Other than that just cracks in the tail are pretty common for me

admin
    Keymaster

Man, you guys are aggressive. Quit riding so hard.

Yeah I smoked some dope and ran a signal park rocker into a tree. MICHEAL PHELPS

skroatmeal

StevenSegall420 said:

Yeah I smoked some dope and ran a signal park rocker into a tree. MICHEAL PHELPS

i saw the footy!

i buy a new capita and break it every year. C3 products sure are quality. also a dc, a nitro and a salomon have died beneath my feet.

Many an enemy has died in my path of destruction.Yell

Al Ex
    Participant

I RODE A BROKEN OPTION FOR FOUR YEARS.

[X] WORKED IN POWDER.

hise442

Hey skroatmeal how did your capita boards break and witch ones were they I rode a capita indoor at the end of last year and am thinking about selling some of my burton boards to get some more capita's!!!

skroatmeal

hise442 said:

Hey skroatmeal how did your capita boards break and witch ones were they I rode a capita indoor at the end of last year and am thinking about selling some of my burton boards to get some more capita's!!!

ive broken 2 stairmaster extremes and a stairmaster. the stairmaster delamed, and on both the stairmaster extremes the sidewalls blew out at the spot where the sidewall changed color. also one of the extremes started to delam.

i really like capita snowboards. on paper they are great, perfect flex, perfect width, perfect sidecut. its everything i want in a snowboard, but they are not very durable.the exception being that i had a capita midlife a few seasons back that has been alive for like four or five seasons now. its like the community backup board, whenever someobody needs something to ride i let them use that midlife, and it is the board that wont die. its missing some (alot) of edge on the tail and it has a plethora of massive core shots, but after thousands of tailblocks, rock taps, nose/tail heavy landings, tree bonks and slides across pavement its still completely rideable. the topsheet is fine and theres no pressure cracks. 

i dunno, i have a love/hate relationship with capita. but i cant find anything else i really like.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.